Wall, floor and roof materials and assemblies vary in their resistance to vapor drive. This amount of resistance is called a “Perm Rating”. It is a standard measure of the water vapor permeability of a material. The higher the number, the more readily water vapor (in the gaseous state) can diffuse through the material. A perm rating of less than 0.1 is considered a Class I impermeable vapor retarder (which is also considered a vapor barrier); perm rating between 0.1 and 1 is considered a Class II semi-permeable vapor retarder; a perm rating between 1 and 10 is a Class III permeable vapor retarder; and a perm rating greater than 10 is highly permeable and not considered to be a vapor retarder.
Duram Flexikote is a water-based acrylic waterproofing solution with an 8 year guarantee that forms a strong barrier against water moisture. Economical and easy to use, Flexikote is designed to remain flexible in order to withstand cracking and movement of the underlying surface. Used in conjunction with Duram Duramesh membrane, Flexikote dries to a resillient waterproof barrier that is attractive, Uv resistant, puncture resistant and long lasting.
Quality Acrylic Waterproofing. An acrylic waterproofing paint that forms a flexible waterproofing barrier when used in conjunction with Duramesh membrane, to seal joints and cover fine cracks on roofs and walls.
- Used with Duram Duramesh membrane, it withstands cracking and movement of the underlying surface.
- Flexible and durable waterproofer.
- Easy application with brush or roller. • Excellent adhesion and coverage.
- Can be topcoated with Duram roof or decorative paints, or used as a final coat.
- Water-based – application tools are easy to clean with water.